Friday 5 November 2010

Tell me how many things you are doing at this moment, I'll tell you who you are: a multi-tasker


As a student, you never really think about your ability to multi-task until you find yourself faced with 4 different class projects and, of course, different groups to work with, people to chase because they're not doing anything. In a nutshell: stress and drama. 
It should be such a great feeling to be able to rely on other people to help you do the job. Clearly, as part of a group, we should all be working towards the same goal and getting the job done in a timely fashion. But it usually is not the case; well at least, not at university. Right now, free-riders are my number one enemies.
I strongly believe in the old adage that a woman can do many things at once. I come from a country where women are still struggling to emancipate and establish themselves as more than just housewives. They go out of their ways to accomplish in silence their duties as mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, employees, etc. 
Moroccan women have this unheard of capability to take on so many responsibilities and to be everywhere at once. When I was younger, my mother used to tell me off by telling me that she knew of a little fly that was able to hear and see everything, and that there was no point in lying. See my point ? Women have that ability, and even if they don't, they will make you believe they will, which is why you should always trust a woman.
The myth of multi-tasking has always fascinated me, and I guess it is the reason why I always challenge myself to take on even more responsibilities. 

How different are these two women ?

No comments:

Post a Comment